Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
(01-17-2018, 12:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Perhaps you should read more.  There are stories of people losing their healthcare that said they didn't think Trump would really push for it.  There are people on this board who won't hold Trump to his statements about Mexico paying for the wall and quite happy for US taxpayers to pay for it when that's not what his agenda was.

I read plenty.  You made a claim, it's your responsibility to actually back it up.

Quote:100% accuracy.  And I understand that.  And if they are opposed to part of the agenda, even if they voted for the candidate, they should speak up about it.

Why?  Maybe they accept that part, even though it's not a policy they agree on?  Adults make compromises and a good compromise leaves everyone unhappy.

Quote:"we" includes anyone who opposes a waste of time and money like "the wall".  That is democrats and republicans.  

"Like" the wall?  You were just talking about the wall, what else are you now referring to?  The wall is a waste in your opinion, not everyone shares that opinion.

Quote:As you say, the Democrats are in the minority.  Not much they can do but try to point out how bad an idea/bill/suggestion is.  The GOP has control and can do as they please for the most part.

Incorrect (so much for 100% accuracy).  If this was true this wouldn't be a topic of discussion.  The Dems can stimie anything they want on the Senate, and they have chosen, apparently, to shut down the federal government in an effort to protect people in the country illegally.  Whatever your feelings on this topic, the fact remains that they are willing to harm US citizens for people who are in the country illegally.

Quote:But my question remains the same:  Do we have to not try and stop a stupid thing simply because the party I belong to is in the minority?  

Of course "stupid" being subjective.  I consider many/most of your posts to be stupid, I'm sure you don't.

Quote:The Democrats can not shut down the government.  All the power lies with the GOP and your boy Trump.  And Trump will do it because he can't get his ego trip wall paid for by you and me.

Again incorrect.  Did you fail basic civics in high school?  I ask because you seem rather ignorant of how Congress works.

Quote:Spinning enough will only make you dizzy.

A typical maneuver of yours, accuse others of a tactic in an attempt to invalidate the entirety of their points.  If you think I'm spinning with my straight-forward, factual, posts feel free to show how.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-17-2018, 12:46 PM