Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-26-2015, 09:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: First things first.  When it comes to science and medicine, I have yet to see you post anything which is even remotely correct.  Even when you plagiarize, you are somehow able to misrepresent the facts.

Here's the website you plagiarized . . .  http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/mutationsanddisorders?show=all

Here is something you didn't include.  I'll post the entire section rather than a single sentence taken out of context to misrepresent the truth.

Everybody has genes.  Genes don't cause disease.  Mutated genes cause disease.  The mutated genes causes abnormal function which causes the disease.  People who are genetically predisposed to genetic diseases have a known family history of an inherited disease occurring over multiple generations of their family.

Genetic predisposition means you have an increased chance of inheriting mutated genes which cause disease.  Take cystic fibrosis for example.  If you have a parent with cystic fibrosis you are more likely to get cystic fibrosis by inheriting the mutated gene which causes cystic fibrosis.  The cystic fibrosis gene is autosomal recessive which means you must get a copy from each parent.  That is why some of their children may not get cystic fibrosis.  But, if a child has cystic fibrosis it is a 100% certainty each parent is a carrier of a mutated CF gene

(08-26-2015, 09:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:  

Multifactorial diseases don't have a single cause.  They have multiple causes.  They have multiple combinations of multiple causes.  Stating environmental and lifestyle factors play a larger role than genetics is completely false.  That is what you keep ignoring don't understand about this whole genetic argument.  You're not going to get cystic fibrosis from environmental and lifestyle factors unless you inherit a defective CF gene from each parent.

I'm not even going to get into genetic testing because it is beyond your comprehension.

Eye color may get lighter or darker, but "don't it make your brown eyes blue" is just a song lyric.

Sexual preference is not a disorder.  You have a sexual preference.  Is it a disorder?  No.

Two words: just stop.

First off, you tell me that I need to learn how to read properly. SO I guess it's pot meet kettle because you certainly didn't read the material very well.

CF is not a Multifactorial inheritance disorder. Which if YOU would have read the links I provided you, you'd note that is falls under the rarer monogenetic disorders tree which I called out and I also called out the Chromosome disorders (which includes Down Syndrome).

Sexual Preference is defined as a particular mode of behavior that leads to sexual satisfaction. There's only 3 categories of genetic disorders (2 of which contain diseases that are rare in the common gene pool and one that affects behaviors). So which one do you think it falls under?

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said that your eyes would change from blue to brown. I said they can get darker, which should imply that they can get lighter as well. Next time I will make sure to keep it clearer for you.

To recap, when someone is born, they may be predisposed to a multifactorial disease/disorder, but they are not born with it already active.  It gets activated later due to environmental/social behaviors. Such as a person can be predisposed to Diabetes, but never get it if they are never exposed to something that causes an imbalance to  insulin (even if it runs in the family).  The catch is that you can also get it even if it doesn't run in the family, because something in your environment can cause the gene to mutate. Environmental factors can also cause chemical problems that might also activate a multifactorial diseases (such as Autism), but the genetic coding itself (with out the environmental/behavior factors) will not cause you to be born with diabetes.

I'm not perfect in my understanding of everything, but damn I sure as hell don't act like it. My advice to you is to stop acting like you do, so that you won't embarrass yourself soo badly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Mike M (the other one) - 08-26-2015, 11:50 PM