Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCGlinchey player comparison - Taylor Decker?
(01-17-2018, 03:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That what I'm talking about. I'm saying ogbuehi to bull rushers is mcglinchey to speed rushers. Neither can handle them. He gets whooped on by them. Not saying he's weak. But if he goes up against any kind of leverage speed rushers, he'll get destroyed. As he has in college. If this was next year's tackle class, mcg would be a 3rd round pick.

Misunderstood then, as the way you phrased your previous statement made it sound like you were saying they had the same weakness (at least my comprehension of it).

With that said, I still disagree because he wasn't "always" destroyed by speed rushers as you claim. If that were true, it'd be splattered across nearly every scouting report written by respected draft sites.
According to this link https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Mike-McGlinchey-nations-top-tackle-on-Pro-Football-Focus--113408948), McGlinchey was the highest rated OT in college football at 90.6. He did allow 3 sacks in 2017 along with 2 QB hits and 10 QB hurries, which put his pass blocking in the middle of the pack. However, his run blocking was ridiculously good, "obliterating the competition" to quote the link.
And also, Andre Smith struggles with speed rushers in the NFL yet he still was a projected an early first-rounder and went to the Bengals at 6. Do I think Smith was worth the 6 overall looking back? Probably not, but he still deserved to be a first rounder.
And there are not a ton of AMAZING OTs in next year's draft that would put McGlinchey as a third rounder either. If so, McGlinchey wouldn't be rated the top overall OT in college football. Clearly you're overrating next year's class.

Personally, I think you greatly undervalue run blocking and overvalue pass blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MCGlinchey player comparison - Taylor Decker? - ochocincos - 01-17-2018, 03:32 PM