Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
Y'all know that Geoff is an employee of the Bengals and writes for Bengals.com, right? I mean...it's going to come off a certain way because of those facts. That said, he is the most objective team writer in the entire league. Take that for what you will.

Shameless plug: for all your unfiltered Bengals news / analysis, follow Paul, Doc and I over at Cincinnati.com

Now, to the larger points in the posts: It's true that heading into year 16 of Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown, it's worth waiting to see what happens in March with free agency to see if it's "different." I believe it may "look" different because this current class of Bengals free agents aren't really a group they want to retain, or need to spend $50 million on to do so. So, theoretically, they could spend "more" outside the organization. That said, if Geno Atkins pulls a $100 million extension...that might change that up as well.

Re: The No. 12 pick. I had heard the desire for a safety from the previous defensive regime, but I'd be curious to see how real that is considering they tied up nearly $60 million in their two starters through 2020. Not saying they don't need the depth - they do - but a safety at No. 12? That would be interesting. We'd have to wait then til camp and the preseason to see if that means there is a departure from Lewis and Teryl Austin/Bill Lazor from playing highly paid veterans/starters for the "best player available" or if it would just be a take a safety at 12 and he sits for 2-3 years for his turn.

Unanswerable questions until the time comes, but such a pick (or similar picks) would be interesting in that regard.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson back with his first propaganda piece - jowczarski - 01-17-2018, 08:44 PM