Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
(01-18-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your fix would be correct if I was only talking about Trump.  I was not, I was referring to the GOP controlled Congress as well.  Whether Trump has a mandate or whether his approval ratings (which are likely as useful and accurate as the myriad polls that said he'd lose on election day) doesn't change the fact that he was elected and should attempt to effect his agenda for entirety of his term.  The point I've been making is that the GOP is doing what they said they'd do, the Dems are minority party in every possible way and still conduct themselves as if they should get whatever they want however they want it.

I'll reiterate, the Dems want to shut down the federal government, a move that will hurt US citizens, because they aren't getting exactly what they want for people in the country illegally.  This isn't really disputable.

I was under the impression there are bipartisan deals around (that find backers in the GOP and sure are not "exactly what Dems want"), only to be shut down by Trump. Because Trump says he'll sign any compromise (and takes the heat) one day and says the next day that he categorically needs this and that or there's no deal.

Even this McConnell seems not to know what Trump actually is expecting. No one seems to. Hard to reach some kind of agreement there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. - hollodero - 01-18-2018, 12:52 PM