Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
(01-18-2018, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is exactly what the Republicans did by refusing to let the bipartisan bill that would pass both chambers hit the floor for a vote.  That move would have had some "substance".

Yes, thank you for repeating what I just said.

Quote:But instead they are going to play politics and present a bill that they know the Democrats will not approve.

What about it makes it an automatic "no vote" for the Dems?

Quote:And the only reason the Republicans are doing this is because they are afraid to alienate Trumps base within the party.  No matter how you spin it you can't blame the Democrats.  The only reason the bipartisain bill would not pass would be Trumps veto.

Incorrect, the bill would pass congress, it just wouldn't be signed into law.  Has congress presented a bill for the POTUS to sign?  Please answer my question above.

(01-18-2018, 08:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh really?  I could have sworn that the single biggest "agenda" point was building a wall that Mexico would pay for, yet......

The wall is the single biggest agenda item of the current government?  Odd then, that they chose to wait an entire year before really addressing it.  Maybe the things they've done in the interim were more important, making them a "bigger agenda item"?  Welcome back from your long time ban btw, the hydra was missing its third head.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-18-2018, 10:08 PM