Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
(01-19-2018, 04:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You can't even work out basic arithmetic.  I'm not going to argue with someone who cant work out basic arithmetic that you learn in elementary school

Hey I just found an elementary school math test.  Can you help me answer these two questions?

1.  QB "A" throws a screen pass that goes for a 50 yard gain.  QB "B" completes a throw 50 yards downfield.  What is the "yards per attempt" for each QB and what is the "length of throw"?  Which QB was more aggressive?

2.  QB "A" completes 50% of his passes with all pass attempts thrown 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.  QB "B" also completes 50% of his passes with all of his completions thrown 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and all of his incompletions thrown 50 yards downfield.  Assuming zero yards gained after catch what is the "yards per attempt" for each QB and what is the "length of throw"?  Which QB was more aggressive?

(01-19-2018, 04:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote:  Like I have said many times, and you dont like to listen or have comprehension problems, you need a whole seasons worth of data and compare it to the leagues average!!

Here is another one.

When determining if a coach's play calling is more conservative when he has the lead in the second half of a game the correct procedure is.

a.  Compare his play calling when he has the lead in the second half of a game to

(01-19-2018, 04:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Thats is 2.6 passes over 20 yards a game all season. Since the yards per throw went down from first half to second half a good approximation would be 1.2 throws over 20 yards were attempted in the second half.

Now using the logic that a team will definitely throw longer when behind than when in front, we can conclude that in games when we had the lead we probably attempted 0.8 throws over 20 yards in the second half.

This proves a much more conservative approach to throwing when we had the lead in the second half and most assuredly way more conservative than we should have been

Here is another one.

Given:
Yards per attempt is directly related to number of long pass attempts.
QB "A" averages 6.0 yards per attempt.
QB "A" attempts fifty percent fewer long passes when he is ahead.
All else being equal what is QB "A" average yard per attempt when he is ahead and behind?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread