Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New England Offensive Line: Mind Blown!
(01-23-2018, 10:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: There's truth in both points of view.....and they do get away with holding.  Brady does move in the pocket well, but he doesn't have a center getting shoved in his lap every play either.  I noticed the same thing in the AFCCG last season, and even commented on it.  Look back at the pass to Hogan in the back of the end zone against the Stoolers.  I counted 10 seconds as well, and he barely moved in the pocket.  FiK is right, their line play is very good.  Brady is arguably the greatest of all time, but like another great, Joe Montana, he has enjoyed some good protection.....which gives you confidence, and time to move around in the pocket.  Of course, he gets the ball out quickly at times too.  It's a combination of a lot of things in New England.....mainly stellar coaching.  No one in the league has Darth Hoodie.....especially not the Bengals with Mediocre Merv. 

To those that say Scarnecchia is getting too much credit.....he retired for one year, the Pats had their worst year blocking, they called him back, and are going to their second straight SB since his return.  I'm not saying he's the reason they win SBs, but if you're selling him short, you don't understand the importance of competent line play.
Apparently neither Mikey nor Merv understand it either.  Alexander didn't.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New England Offensive Line: Mind Blown! - Derrick - 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM