Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-25-2018, 03:15 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I've skimmed through the thread and could respond to individual posts, but I've come late to the party. So I'll just post my opinion in general on the subject.

First of all, I don't really have a problem with shithole countries being called shithole countries. They are what they are. However where the hell else do some of you expect people to come here from? Norway? Really? Norway is ranked toward the top in quality of life. Why the **** would they want to come here unless it was something job specific?

In general people immigrate to improve their quality of life. It is not a decision made lightly either. It is not easy giving up every thing you've ever known.

I'm honestly in the same boat. I don't have a problem with the language, or calling a country a shithole if it is. It's just when you look at the comment and Trump's history with racial prejudice, there is a pattern there. And, you're right about the reasons for emigrating. People from Norway don't want to come here, but people from African countries do. They come here, and they thrive. They work hard and they do well for themselves.

That is my problem with the comments. They were rooted in ignorance and they fit a pattern of racial prejudice that we have seen from Trump for decades.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Belsnickel - 01-25-2018, 03:21 PM