Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-25-2018, 05:19 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Except for when I was in the Navy and when I worked for a hospital a while back, I have worked in the service industry. Both restaurants and retail since I was 14yo.  I've worked with a lot of immigrants.  And trust me we still get plenty of teenage applicants (I'm in management) and the teenagers that don't apply, well it's not because of immigrants taking their job.  It's because they're either too lazy or because their parents discourage it because they feel it is below them.

Go to any restaurant or retail store and the first thing you'll see walking in is a sign saying that they are hiring for any shift and anybody...ANYBODY! Pulse optional! They don't care if you're a teenager or an immigrant as long as your paperwork checks out (and even if it doesn't in some places).  Bottom line...illegal immigrants aren't taking entry level jobs from teenagers period.  

Oh I know. My buddy owned a restaurant and he said it’s a joke to hire anyone.

We used to have a work ethic and a standard that these jobs are what young people do. When did that change? When it became known we had Mexicans to do those jobs. Which is my point. We lost what makes us what we have always been by allowing a bunch of third worlders to do the jobs people think they are above.

Heck I used to cut lawns for money. Now I can’t find anyone who doesn’t have a lawn service. And those lawn services mostly do not speak any English.

From a cultural part it sucks for us because in the end we suffer by having the Mexicans do all this stuff.

My daughters had to fundraiser for school and they brough home this brochure for us to buy stuff. After I placed an order I wrote a script for both of them and told them we would be going house to house over he weekend until we sold the most in their classes.

The next day my 5th grader came home and asked why they needed to do this when no one else in their class was doing this... it’s absolutely disturbing that no one else sends their children out to sell door to door. How are they going to learn those skills? You have to be able to sell someone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-25-2018, 05:36 PM