Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-25-2018, 03:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm honestly in the same boat. I don't have a problem with the language, or calling a country a shithole if it is. It's just when you look at the comment and Trump's history with racial prejudice, there is a pattern there. And, you're right about the reasons for emigrating. People from Norway don't want to come here, but people from African countries do. They come here, and they thrive. They work hard and they do well for themselves.

That is my problem with the comments. They were rooted in ignorance and they fit a pattern of racial prejudice that we have seen from Trump for decades.

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I do believe he has a pattern of perceived racism.  However I think it's something different than that. I think he's been looking down his nose his entire life at poor people (or anybody he perceives as beneath him) that he comes off as racist.  He wouldn't even had the label thrown at him had he mentioned countries like the Ukraine or Romania or any other 3rd world country that is primarily white.  Had he not thrown African and Latino countries under the bus he might not have been labeled a racist.  So I just reread my paragraph...he sounds like a racist  Mellow

But honestly I don't think he thinks about skin color really as much as if he thinks you are beneath him. Then you're a loser and can be used how he sees fit, including using your lives as a bargaining chip to keep a campaign promise.  If he really cared about DREAMERS he literally had to nothing regarding DACA. But no, he's going to hold them hostage for $25 billion dollars.  Give him the wall and he'll give them a path to citizenship, it'll only take 10-12yrs if he doesn't renege.  Which is highly likely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 01-26-2018, 03:39 AM