Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man arrested, accused of threatening to kill CNN employees
(01-26-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump is going to be Trump, this will not change.  Is his rhetoric "over the top" is the real question.  As this relies solely on the subjective opinion of the person answering there is no definitive answer. 

I think any President, or adult, that tweets insulting names to other adults is over the top. Maybe others have a higher threshold.

(01-26-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What we can say, definitively, is that individual adults are responsible for their own actions.

Absolutely. I've agreed with that the entire time. Although I feel that also includes Trump CONTINUING to be inflammatory after the event.

(01-26-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What you attempted to imply with this thread, and please don't waste anyone's time with denials, could easily be used against any controversial person or group.

Way off on your interpretation of the post. But I know you hate the "w" word.

(01-26-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are more than a handful of Democrats who labeled the presidential election "illegitimate" and talked about impeaching Trump the day after he was elected.  Could not this very easily be interpreted by the less mentally stable among us as a statement that our nation has been usurped by a tyrant?  Could not this language have very easily been the final straw for the person who attempted to murder numerous GOP congresspeople?  Your assertions smack of the type of "free speech" laws they have in Europe where the speech is very much not free. 

Those who called Trump illegitimate or wanted to impeach day one are what you would call "fringe posters".

As I said: What sets people off sets them off. I could say Ben and Jerry's Ice cream deliberately turns people gay and if some homophobe uses that as an excuse to blow up their plant I am not responsible for THEIR actions. I am responsible for saying things that are "over the top" and inflammatory.

And if I CONTINUE to do that I must understand that I am encouraging those kind of reactions.

(01-26-2018, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In the post of mine regarding the Scalise shooting, I was very careful to point out that I was calling out those who advocated violence.  The "it's ok to punch a Nazi" or the people like Yvette Falarca, and those who refuse to condemn them.  There is a world of difference between calling someone names, no matter how derogatory, and advocating for violence.

And yet Trump HAS advocated for violence against those who disagree with him. Repeatedly.

Which is separate and above this incident.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man arrested, accused of threatening to kill CNN employees - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 01:20 PM