Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals
(08-27-2015, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if we win the Super Bowl some people willinsist that it was because Andy had the best roster in the league to carry him there.  And we would win "in spite of Dalton".

Even if we lose 16 games some people will insist that it was because of the team and they'll excuse Andy for his poor performances. It goes both ways.

For me, personally, I will be very happy with Andy if he can put together a solid performance in the playoffs regardless if the team wins or loses. Obviously I'll be happy with the team if they can ALL play well in the playoffs.

In the past, it usually seemed as though Andy broke down (not every single time, but most) if things around him weren't going very well. If a receiver drops a couple passes or a running back fumbles, Andy falls apart himself for some reason and starts making mental errors. I was really happy to see him turn the corner and do the exact opposite in this past year's game against the Patriots. I'd like to see that happen more in primetime and also the playoffs even if the team isn't playing very well. Andy kept his cool in New England and was still throwing precise passes and not making many mental mistakes even though everyone around him was seemingly falling apart. I think that was a huge positive in a lackluster season that not everybody thinks about. That's something that Andy hasn't really been known for in the past that he proved that he's capable of.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals - djs7685 - 08-27-2015, 04:03 PM