Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Dream Mock of the off season
Nelson won't be there when we draft. Even though quarterbacks will be flying off boards in Round One, as many as maybe 6. New O Line Coach wants people that play tough with an attitude. This would be BILLY PRICE, OHIO STATE, CENTER which we need but has ability to play GUARD. Looking for tough and mean and he fills the bill. That takes us to Round 2, and maybe LEFT TACKLE in McCGLINCHEY, NOTRE DAME or MILLER, UCLA. or GUARD and WYNN or HERNANDEZ stand out here.

If Bengals land Price in ONE and one of these in TWO, that would be a good start. We should have 2 picks in 3 with a late comp pick. Also a comp pick in 5 and 2 comp picks in 7. I see us with 8 picks after we grab two early O Linemen.

I'm also hoping Bengals bring in some of Detroit starters that are Free Agents on Defense. There is a Safety we could use and a Linebacker that have started for Austin now our Defensive Coordinator. Also a starting CB. Bringing in some of his starters on defense really sets up going O Line early in draft. Tavon Wilson could come in here knowing his system and pick up where Reggie Nelson left off.

Nelson will be off the boards when Bengals pick, but Price could be a Pro Bowl Center for us and start for Bengals 10 years or more, and that ain't bad. The run on quarterbacks in Round One many are predicting would let some top talent fall to us at pick 44 in Round 2, and if we get McGlinchey of Notre Dame here. If McClinchey gone maybe Brown falls to us. I think we can get a great blocker at pick 44 in 2 if this run on QB's happens.

So Round One Price, Round Two McClinchey, and I would be very happy adding those much needed blockers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Dream Mock of the off season - kevin - 01-27-2018, 03:36 AM