Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Dream Mock of the off season
(01-27-2018, 09:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think Price will be there in two?

I was watching Hernandez in the senior bowl today and got excited with his intensity and how he was just tossing dudes around.  

I originally wanted Derwin James because I think we need a playmaker on the back end of our defense, but we also need to solidify our line, and I'm liking Hernandez to do that.
No, Price will not be there in 2.  Most, not all, but most Mocks have him gone in 1.  As for a play maker on back end of defense, Detroit has free agent starters we could bring over into Austins system. Tavon Wilson started for Austin at safety in Detroit and so bring him in here to help replace void we still have from Reggie Nelson gone. I'm all for adding Detroit starters under Austin CB-Nevin Lawson and OLB- Tahir Whitehead.  I'm for bringing in all 3 free agent starters because they started for Austin, know his defense and 3 starters that know his defense would be huge.  Adding Austin starters in 2017 from Detroit would really let us go O Line early in Draft. 

Sure, Quentin Nelson would be great if he is there at 12.  There are others.  We need a left tackle and Mike McClinchey, Orlando Brown, Kolton Miller, Connor Williams are some that are high on lists.  Scouts are raving about Billy Price as either staying at center or moving to guard, depending what an NFL team needs. We kind of need both.  THE GOOD NEWS is if we go O Line in 1 and 2, we should land 2 good blockers with the talent on the board early.  Now if we try to go 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, we lose out. This is why I want some Detroit Free Agent D Starters added giving Austin some players he knows already ...The San Diego State RB was great all week at Senior Bowl and would be a steal in Round 3, especially if we have a comp pick in 3 for 2 positions. He is an amazing kick returner also, Special Teams. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Dream Mock of the off season - kevin - 01-28-2018, 06:51 AM