Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(01-26-2018, 11:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All of that is most definitely possible.  However, it might also be mentioned that perhaps some of the people used to help the President reach power, had also reached the end of their usefulness, and might have an axe to grind?

Attempting to make trivial human actions into large, newsworthy ordeals only works to embolden those that support the man.  The real question is why the media continues to promote trivial detail stories, when the real news is what's unfolding with the FBI.  

This post stared at me throughout the weekend. This FBI news, as far as I can see it, are not substantial, but I sure try to be open about that. If there are shady things going on, no matter against whom and on who's behalf, they should be exposed, it's just that I don't see them.

Here's what I do not consider shady stuff unfolding, even though Trump and some very loyal people try to spin it.

- The McCabe "scandal". So his wife ran for office and recieved donations. That seems perfectly normal, and FBI agent's wifes sure are not forbidden from running.
- The secret society "scandal". That is based on one joke in a private conversation. (Btw. I do not get why hese chats are public good now in the first place, doesn't seem very freedom-y, but obviously that's how things roll.)
- The release the memo "scandal". This memo is not to be seen, and I guess that remains that way, because no way reality can match the imagination there. It works better when people's minds speculate about the huge things that are in there. What I saw is even the DOJ and republican officials pushing against that memo, and Devin Nunes already has a history of embarrassing stunts even I stumbled across, so I would not see what there is there (or however Americans put it.)
- The Hillary investigation "scandal". Whatever is said there, there's this huge counterargument that the Comey led FBI torpedoed her in the most damaging way by reopening the investigation one week before election time and making that information public - while remaining silent about the Trump campaign investigation. That's hardly a Clinton favor.
- The Mueller "scandal". As if he had huge conflicts of interest. Really, the best Trump could come up with was he worked in the firm that worked for Kushner once and that Mueller is mad about some decade-old golf fees.
- The Strzok-Page "scandal". So those two weren't fans of Trump. Big deal, many people aren't, and I wouldn't know why fbi agents would have no political opinions whatsoever. Also, they were no fans of Democrats either. Also, none of those is part of the Mueller investigation. Also, meh.

What I also see is republicans spinning all kinds of conspiracy theories that do not hold water, are unfounded, exaggerated and seem to serve one obvious purpose: To undermine those investigating the Trump campaign. It looks like a calculated smear on Trump's behalf, and that I find more shocking than everything revealed from inside the FbI. That's actually Kasachstan/Nasarbajev stuff, where one would expect those things. To forestall the question, that's why I care about that specific incident... it looks more and more like pages from the authoritarian playbook are used in the US, which I consider to be astonishing. As is saying Trump firing Mueller is no big deal. He did not just "think about it" and then reconsidered, he actually gave the actual order, so his thought process was finished. That's not trivial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - hollodero - 01-29-2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Au165 - 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM