Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-29-2018, 12:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not referring to ethnicity. I am referring to "race", hence me saying "race". What you're saying about ethnicity is true, but this has no bearing on my post where I responded to someone who lumped all black people together.

Except there is no such thing as race, as no human ethnicity has speciated.  The concept you are referring to is identifying genetic traits that differ from one's own ethnicity and then using those differences to describe the other as inferior or "less human" than oneself.  This concept is not an invention of European culture and is, in fact, indulged in almost every time different ethnic groups have encountered each other.

The assertion that European, or western, culture is uniquely or more inherently racist is an unfortunate byproduct of the current self hating trend in western society.  Indulge in it if you like, just don't purport it as fact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2018, 12:11 PM