Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(01-26-2018, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s irrelevant if he ordered it.   He changed his mind before it went forward.  Sounds like We are on the same side of the issue here.....   I just don’t see why it’s a big deal.

(01-26-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is likely true, I just don't see the merit in making a big deal of it.

I know that I have thoughts, and sometimes articulate them into speech, and then change my mind and decide not to follow through.  Seems like a very human thing to occur.

The point here is--Trump DID NOT change his mindHis WH lawyer refused to carry out the order and threatened to resign

If you are a WH PROFESSIONAL then this is a big deal for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the echoes of Watergate, when Nixon ordered Elliot Richardson  to fire Archibald Cox (the special prosecutor investigating Watergate), and Richardson resigned. Then Nixon ordered William Rukelshaus to do it and he also resigned rather than carry out an unconstitutional act. That was the beginning of Nixon's end.

So what Trump supporters see as "no big deal," the WH lawyers see as a president bent on creating a constitutional crisis which would precipitate impeachment.

Worse still for the Trumpsters, Mueller will eventually go one-on-one with the erratic Trump. Don't expect an ignorant, angry and confused Trump to perform like Hillary did for 9 hours before the House Benghazi committee.  His legal team is doing all they can to prevent that one-on-one, while at the same time keeping Trump from destroying his own presidency.

Though there is probably already enough evidence to support a charge of obstruction of justice, FOX and Hannity are doing their best to muddy the waters with innuendo and unsupportable claims about FBI "bias," while insisting the president has a Putinesque right to fire whomever he will--even special prosecutors looking into Trump's own potentially illegal actions. This will keep Trump supporters on board and confused until the very end.

But there is a problem when presidents use their power as a means of curtailing investigations into their own behavior, and the majority of Americans--and some Republicans--will recognize this, as they did in Nixon's case. We are not Russia yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Au165 - 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM