Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(01-29-2018, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just expressing my opinion on the matter.  Nothing to get excited about.

It's also my opinion that the FBI is in grave danger of being exposed as having some biased agents at or near the top of the chain of command.

I really don't get how my opinion can be condemned for feeling that Trump's desire to fire the special counsel as not being a big deal, by the same folks that seem unwilling to acknowledge the very real possibility of the DOJ, along with our Nation's top Law Enforcement Agency the FBI, being jaded and operating in a biased manner.

We all just express opinions... I for one was not aiming at condemning yours. i just do not really understand it that's all. Mainly the "the real news is what's unfolding within the FBI" part. However, maybe I missed some real news.

AS far as I can see, it is likely that some FBI agents are somehow politically biased, sure thing, I would consider it strange if they had no political opinions at all (I always thought they were more republican than democrat though). It's just that itself doesn't mean quite as much. It doesn't mean these agents can't do their job objectively, it doesn't mean an investigation is steered, it doesn't mean that evidence is forged or destroyed. All these implications seem to go way beyond what's actually visible.

And those republicans who paint that picture do it for an obvious purpose (which would be to give Trump a counternarrative and/or a pass beforehand, just in case something critical comes up in the end), which to me seems to be way more questionable in its intent.  Nunes, Johnson, Meadows and whoever are definitely heavily biased and I would not take their assumptions and narratives over an FBI agent's word or an FBI agent's honor. I feel they go way too far in promoting these interests when they try to undermine the investigation's credibility or try to shake the public's trust based on nothing substantial, I also think that's quite a dangerous path, hence I express my opinion on that matter. It's not aimed against you or anyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - hollodero - 01-29-2018, 12:33 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Au165 - 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM