Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-29-2018, 01:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: It is well known as you say and I doubt that it has suddenly changed. Even though a larger than normal Staff change has occurred.

As we enter Free Agency and the Draft, people seem hopeful that issues will be addressed.  (ie: Cedric/Bodine etc)

Hopeful that the New O-line Coach will have some say in Personnel decisions or that he can fix what seems to be broken players.

He may just be forced to try to fix them, rather than getting an infusion of talent to work with.

My intent here is not to reveal something New.  As you say, it is already known.

Mike seems to have Limits in his own mind.

Maybe an insecurity from being the Son of an NFL Legend.  That it was handed to him.

Having a confidence that he does belong in the GM Club but not enough confidence to Shoot for the Top.

If he applies this to player selections, then he may pass on the next Maurkice Pouncey, (should a Center of that caliber present himself in a Draft), and continue to try to prove that Bodine belongs in the NFL as a starter. A sort of Kinship with Bodine. Prove they do belong instead of upgrade at Center or GM for that matter.

Greatness has to be pursued. (see Tom Coughlin's impact on the Jags in short order - he confidently sought out Upgrades)

I don't think Mike can even help himself here.

I do think that he is doing what he feels is his best, has Proof now that he is not the worst and yet is still trying to prove it.

He needs to shift a Gear in his head that allows him to stop looking behind him and to Focus on what the Great Teams in front of him have.

Then shoot for the Top.

I really feel Brown treats this franchise as a small business. He knows it's not going to draw in the money like the "big boys" and is content with just making a solid living.
And he's trying to convince his customers to view it in the same light to quit putting too high of expectations.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - ochocincos - 01-29-2018, 02:00 PM