Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-29-2018, 04:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: In other words, not going to happen.....

Well, it's POSSIBLE, but if we do win the Super Bowl it's not because we did things Mike's way,b ut rather we just got really lucky or someone played/coached WAY above their abilities or all the other teams were hit with major injuries.

(01-29-2018, 04:02 PM)McC Wrote: That may be, but, at least for now, I'm sticking with big fat liar.

You gotta do what you gotta do. ThumbsUp

(01-29-2018, 04:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The fact we have to question it says everything IMO.

True dat, home slice. ThumbsUp

(01-29-2018, 04:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this really acceptable?  I mean, if I'm sitting on the couch watching TV for the 900th day in a row and my wife is like "Why don't you go get a job so we can pay our bills?" would it be ok for me to say "Oh, I want a job.  I want a really good job and I want to make lots of money and pay the hell out of these bills, but I want to do it MY way."

It's a results-oriented world...unless you are obscenely rich and can only be fired by yourself.  Mike Brown wants to make money and give his friends and family members great jobs and security.  That is what he wants.  I can't knock the guy for that.  Based upon his actions, he wants THAT, not to win a SB.

td,dr = Mike Brown wants to win like every schmo at karaoke night wants to be the next Paul McCartney/Bono/Elvis/Doodletown Pipers, etc.

Of course it's not acceptable. And Mike's desire to win a Super Bowl may not be enough to get him to change his ways, but I don't doubt he wants to win one. Pretty much like your "tl,dr" says. Or it's like a smoker who wants to quit smoking but not enough that he does whatever is necessary to quit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - PhilHos - 01-29-2018, 04:54 PM