Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-29-2018, 03:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's the thing: Mike's attitude isn't that bad to have as an owner. The problem is that he's also the GM and the GM should NOT be content with having a team that's not THAT dad.

Idk Phil, I hate hearing that weak talk from anyone in the organization, but you're right that it's worse when it's a key decision maker.

(01-29-2018, 03:55 PM)McC Wrote: Look at the Titans.  They made the playoffs, WON A PLAYOFF GAME, and still fired their HC.  Just try and picture that ever happening here.

That's a team with a vision and expectations. I'm not saying it will pay off, but they weren't content. Mularky got canned because their prize QB regressed hard this year. Mike would look at those results and reward it. He wouldn't look at the bigger picture. Heck, he's rewarding a 13-18-1 record over the last 2 seasons, based on the performance in a couple meaningless games. Talk about low standards.

(01-29-2018, 04:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: "Mathematical problems"

Mike Brown quote: "This league has a problem with the mathematical issue that only half the teams are going to win. That doesn't mean everyone else is incompetent or bad."

Mike's father Paul founded the team to whip up on the Browns and win Super Bowls with uniform colors similar to the Browns.

I doubt that Paul ever even thought of "mathematical issues" being a "league problem" causing half of the teams & their leadership to look bad.

It is just a poor starting point for the Mind of a GM to work from.

How do I beat 31 other teams should be the starting point of a GM's mind.  IMO

I also fear that Mike applies the "mathematical issue" to players on his Roster. Just because a Starter is in the bottom half of other starters in the NFL does not mean that starter is bad. Just mathematically challenged.

Conclusion - Mike can stick with that starter and not upgrade.

Exactly. Just that one statement is a peek into the overall mentality of Mike Brown. His standards of success are very low, and any talk of championships rings hollow based on his actions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - Shake n Blake - 01-29-2018, 05:02 PM