Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-29-2018, 08:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've tried to make this point before and probably didn't do a good job of it, perhaps Nately or somebody can say it better ?

I don't doubt Mike "likes" winning. I mean who doesn't ? It's much better than the alternative !

But Mike doesn't really [b]"want" to win. With want being deep desire, driven towards, striving for, determined to accomplish, or however you want to put it.

Winning isn't his true top of the heap goal. It's not the focus. Like others have said making money is what he "wants" but he can't come out and admit that.

And we're stuck with the results.[/b]

Right.  I think I'd respect him more if he just came out and said, "Sure, winning is nice but the real mission is keep my family and friends employed.  It's my damn team and I'll do what I want with it.  Can't people just get off my back?  Man, the fans are really a pain in my ass.  Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl.  It's all I ever hear."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - McC - 01-29-2018, 08:27 PM