Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
(08-27-2015, 05:07 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: There are already laws in place regarding the mentally ill or felons buying guns.  In fact, that bill was passed by a republican house and senate, endorsed by the NRA, and signed into law by President Bush.

I'm not aware of any Americans that can legally buy surface to air missiles, hand grenades, or automatic weapons.  I'm pretty sure there are federal firearm laws that ban those types of purchase and/or ownership.  Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong. 

Well, apparently those laws aren't in place (pretty sure they are not) or gun shops ignore them. There has to be a mechanism of enforcement and the gun lobby can't have it both ways. They cry about the government rounding up guns (which has never happened and never will - it is a boy crying wolf argument) and then cry about not being able to sell whatever to whomever wherever. Every business is subject to some form of regulation, and with good reason - people are assholes by and large. If they can sell you hamburger with dog shit ground into it to boost profits they will, so we have to have food inspectors. Similar dynamic with EVERY industry. But the gun industry thinks it should be immune from any form of regulation. After all, the stated purpose of the product is to kill - why would you need to put some restrictions on that? And we haven't, and look where we are. The only thing we still lead the world in is our own citizens murdering each other. USA! USA!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia News Reporter Shot Live - xxlt - 08-27-2015, 05:33 PM