Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America have a caste system?
(01-30-2018, 02:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hah, I'm as cynical as they come, but to deny the American public doesn't love an underdog makes good story is just wrong.

Everyone loves an underdog makes good unless you're talking about Obama, Oprah (just in case she's getting any ideas about running), Justin Beiber (ok, I get this one), most of those scumbags in hollywood, celebrities in general, over-paid professional athletes, and blah blah blah.

The amount of seething ire our culture has for success is palpable.  We just love to hate people who have it better than us and come up with reasons they don't deserve it.  Meanwhile, the political party of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" can't stop fluffing guys like Bush/Romney/Trump while thumbing their noses as Obama (who had it even harder, if you believe his origin story according to his detractors), Jimmy Carter, and so on. I'm still not surprised that people who voted for Trump could tell me they voted for the best businessman when I voted for Gary Johnson. Argh, such is life.

Americans are egotistical creatures, and most of us aren't very successful, ergo once the underdog becomes anything but an underdog we seek to make excuses why we aren't successful (being underdogs, and all).  You can't out cynic me!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does America have a caste system? - Nately120 - 01-30-2018, 02:36 AM