Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America have a caste system?
(01-29-2018, 03:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The biggest thing that I take from this article is that there's a guy going around telling minorities that they don't even need to try to make their lives better because it's not on them, it's because they're stuck in a caste system. That's a self fulfilling prophesy right there. Tell enough people to not bother trying to live a better life because it's impossible, and so they don't, then you point at them later and say "See! They can't get a better quality of life! I was right!"

(01-29-2018, 04:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   It also provides the perfect excuse for a person's lack of success, "I'm the victim of a caste system, thus my failures are not my fault".

We really don't need more "victims" giving up before they even begin because the system "won't allow" them to succeed.

We also don't need any more people claiming that in a system that guarantees there will be both winners and losers (capitalism) everyone will be a winner if they just try hard enough.

We need to get past the myth of "everyone can succeed" before we can address what we are going to do with the losers that are guaranteed to exist in a capitalist society.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does America have a caste system? - fredtoast - 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM