Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
I'm a bit struck by just how much professional sports and football in particular are huge distractions from actual important events taking place around the world. What these teams do or don't do in the grand scheme of things in our everyday lives is of so little importance it's astonishing. The actions taken by world leaders often have direct and lasting impacts, both good and bad and yet we seem much more concerned with how one team or player is doing and at the end of the day these things don't really impact our lives any more than the price of used toilet paper. 
I'm going  to go out on a limb and venture to say that if the public paid even a tenth as much attention to who is running our nations as we do with who's playing whatever position on whatever team we'd be in much better shape as a nation and by extension we'd have a better world. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - grampahol - 01-30-2018, 02:18 PM