Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America have a caste system?
(01-30-2018, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not that hard. Do the people with a lot of money who didn't try need a social safety net? Social programs are not meant for the fortunate but rather the unfortunate. The try vs try not argument doesn't pertain to success only what we have deemed for this conversation "failure". If you were successful without trying then you cast no burden to society, it is not "my job" to support you if you have money. If you failed while trying then I believe we as a society should support you. If you failed without ever trying then you made a conscious decision to be defeated in which case that decision was yours to be a burden on society and therefor no longer societies responsibility to support you.

1.  Theory is easy.  Reality is very complicated.  who monitors and decides who is trying hard enough and who is not.

2.  The reason I mentioned the wealthy is because they are the ones who will pay the most in taxes to pay for social programs.  And I always here "Why should these people who worked hard for their money have to pay taxes to pay for the poor?".  It is all part of the same propaganda  to demonize the poor and worship the wealthy.

Good people have money.
Bad people are poor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does America have a caste system? - fredtoast - 01-30-2018, 04:35 PM