Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America have a caste system?
(01-30-2018, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Theory is easy.  Reality is very complicated.  who monitors and decides who is trying hard enough and who is not.

2.  The reason I mentioned the wealthy is because they are the ones who will pay the most in taxes to pay for social programs.  And I always here "Why should these people who worked hard for their money have to pay taxes to pay for the poor?".  It is all part of the same propaganda  to demonize the poor and worship the wealthy.

Good people have money.
Bad people are poor.

That is why things like requiring people to search for, and attempt to get, jobs is part of the unemployment benefits process. I think this needs to be checked a bit more as there is a lot of fraud in this area. I'd like to add a secondary requirement here of some sort of community service weekly during the unemployed period so there is a sense of "earning" it. I think mentally it is good for those receiving the benefit as well as those helping support it that society is better off because of their time on unemployment. 

I am not in this belief group so I don't really have much to add here. I was more so discussing it in context for need of social programs for poor vs rich.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does America have a caste system? - Au165 - 01-30-2018, 04:43 PM