Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftist claims: practicing yoga contributes to white supremacy
(01-30-2018, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps.  I think the main non-political thing to take from this is that yoga is another one of those things that white people have turned into another overdone and overly-commercial commodity.  Yoga is something you can do for free while wearing rags, but we've managed to find a way to get people to pay to do it and also to wear an outfit that can cost damn near $200.

So the fact that we've taken something with humble eastern roots and made it into a high-priced trend could be tangentially twisted into some sort of "white power" statement if you really wanted to finagle. 

Oh, that is some scary stuff there.  After the most recent flare up of my sometimes debilitating back injury (herniated discs), both my Dr. and Physical Therapist suggested that I add Yoga into my training regiment, as a way to enhance my recovery from injury.

Now, I won't be able to attend, as I'll feel like I'm that giant Nazi in the room...   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leftist claims: practicing yoga contributes to white supremacy - SunsetBengal - 01-30-2018, 06:13 PM