Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-30-2018, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Violin

This for all those poor souls who were banned from bengals.com for being too negative.  like...... like......

I said "punished or discouraged", not necessarily banned. People here remember how Denny treated negative posters.

(01-30-2018, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are saying.

I have no problem with fans who criticize the team, but if you want i can pull up several posts that are nothing but squealing about how Marvin is the worst coach in the league and Mike is the worst owner in the league.

Neither side gets a pass for being too extreme.  And i don't think Mike Brown has ever said that missing the playoffs is "acceptable".  He made those comments after playoff seasons.

He said "our record over the last 6 seasons is not unacceptable" after a 4-12 season. The Bengals had a losing record in the 6 seasons he was referring to, missing the playoffs 4 times. That quote was bad enough.

(01-30-2018, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd say Mike Brown is the worst owner in the league, but I don't think he does not want to win.  The team is the only thing his family has.  I am sure he wants it to be a success.  The problem is that he just does not know how.  His conservative approach to free agency actually makes sense if you are always just looking at the "long run", but when you get a team that is close to competing for a championship you have to take a chance or two in free agency.  

Marvin Lewis is a good coach who has been handicapped by coaching for Mike Brown.

And fans that think ANY owner/GM/coach should listen to what the fans want are clueless.  The ones here who get their panties in a wad because the Bengals never "listen to the fans" would be whimpering no matter which team the rooted for.

That's an awful lot of whining and squealing.  Mellow

Seriously though, I agree with much of what you say, just not sure why it's okay for you to say such things but not others. It doesn't look like you disagree much with the "whiners". Your opinions here look awfully close to the majority of the folks you rail against. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - Shake n Blake - 01-30-2018, 09:06 PM