Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Air Force One refrigerators to cost nearly $24 million
(01-31-2018, 10:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought the point of hiring THE businessman in the USA to be the president was that he was going to run the county like  a business.  I can see why the politicians who came before him wouldn't care about negotiating prices and making deals, but I think Mr. the art of the deal could have taken some time to save the taxpayers some money on this one.

Again, specialized Airplane design and fabrication costs no matter what aren't cheap. I am a huge Trump critic but this really isn't even an issue to anyone that understands how expensive anything in this realm is. This is about optics and being painted as "oh they are just refrigerators". If they were replacing something you had never heard of on an airplane no one would blink, but the reality is people think it should be cheap because they see the word refrigerator. Work on the planes can only be done by people with high level security clearance, which means these engineers aren't even your normal expensive aero space engineers they are even more expensive aero space engineers. They then must build prototypes to retrofit to 30 year old technology and then those must meet current department of defense testing standards for military aircraft. 

Industry experts have already come out and basically said there is nothing weird about this. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Air Force One refrigerators to cost nearly $24 million - Au165 - 01-31-2018, 10:27 AM