Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Poll Shows Dems' Mammoth Congressional Lead for 2018 Has Disappeared
(01-31-2018, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would you have him do? As long as Russia is not threatening American lives, it might be better to not alienate them given the current state of NK. 

For starters he could acknowledge the deed. Instead he turns against his own agencies and doubts their findings. Then he could make sure that there are at least some tiny new precautions for the next election in place. He could also follow through with Congress and put sanctions on Russia, but he'd rather not. He'd rather have a wonderful time with Lavrov and expose some top secret intelligence while at it. I guess what I intended to point out is that there's enough reason to have a problem with his leadership, it doesn't necessarily just stem from personal disgust (which I do have).

This Russia reaction is a bit "personal" because Putin is pulling similar stunts all over Europe. The fact that by all means he must feel emboldened by the US reaction right now means no good for our European democracies. For me that's a big loss in US leadership column. As is crossing Europe with this Iran deal and the Paris accord, but that's something else already. 

- The NK point is a legit one though. Then again, I'd prefer a functioning US, with a fully staffed state secretary and a robust intelligence and all that which is hampered under Trump, over Russia. Russia isn't a friend of yours or ours no matter what Trump or the US does. So, well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Poll Shows Dems' Mammoth Congressional Lead for 2018 Has Disappeared - hollodero - 01-31-2018, 09:58 PM