Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which NFL franchises never to have won Super Bowl are closest to title breakthrough?
(02-01-2018, 07:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Jacksonville and Minnesota. First I would have to state my never ending argument that before Super Bowl the NFL Championship was last game of season and those decades count as winning it all in NFL and it was not the NFC, it was the NFL.  In 1970 the AFL teams became NFL so the so called Super Bowl is really the NFL Championship.  Only 2 teams from AFL won over NFL, 1968 NY Jets and 1969 KC Chiefs.  So this changes my list of teams to never have won it all at end of season.  Minnesota, Arizona because Cardinals never won in Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego or LA Chargers never won NFL, Jacksonville, Houston of Oilers or Texans, Tennessee.  So that is 9 teams that have never been able to claim they won it all against NFL at end of season.  It is unfair to throw out all NFL before 1966.  Of these 9 teams the 2 that came closest in 2017 season were Jacksonville and Minnesota.  Of these 9 teams the team with the worst record in 2017 was Cincinnati and 2016 record was even worse. Jacksonville and Minnesota finished the closest and look to be teams on the rise, but the crazy thing about the NFL is next season both teams could go backwards. Cincinnati as the worst could rise fast if they fix their huge blocking problem and some of their early round picks last few years step up and play like top picks should.  So I say GO BENGALS and they have as much chance to win it all as the rest of these 9 teams never to have won last game of year in NFL triumph.  So GO BENGALS in 2018. Fix the blocking, add to the defense, and get Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap to the Super Bowl because with some help, these team leaders could win it all.

There were 3 or 4 Super Bowls before the merger......and that franchise in Arizona is the same one that was in Chicago.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Re: - Pat5775 - 02-01-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: Which NFL franchises never to have won Super Bowl are closest to title breakthrough? - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-01-2018, 08:28 PM