Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(02-01-2018, 09:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Well Bpat you are free to use social concepts, such as tribes and nations to mark one society from another.

But others of us are free to make RACE a maker of "society."  (Not for Europeans because that would be silly. Europeans are from different nations.)  Anyway, with race as the basis for defining groups, you could treat subsaharan Africa like one "society" with all black folks.

Then if the Ghanese sell Tuareg to Malians, they are indeed selling "their own people."

Imagine some poor Tuareg sitting in a Malian slave pen, unable to understand their language, religion or customs. He might be thinking--"My gosh--what kind of people enslave themselves? Why do the Malians treat their own people this way?? I may not be a citizen of Mali, but I am sure as hell a citizen of Africa!! Says so in my passport!" 

Anyway, if we define Americans by one race, then maybe they never sold their own people either.  Africans did that.

So when we fought the Civil War, we were undoing all that damage Africans did to their own people. That is a good thing.  Let's stop blaming Americans, who would never sell their own, for the sins of Africans, who obviously did sell their own.
Pat and I had a healthy back and forth and not once did either of us make it about race; you made it to your second paragraph.

If you do not consider many cultures of sub-Saharan Africa to be members of grouped societies; that's your choice. But shre your race-baiting comments with other willing to join the fray.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 02-01-2018, 10:41 PM