Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal fees consumed 40% of Trump campaign spending at year's end
(02-02-2018, 12:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Sure, it's called READING.  I don't need to post - it's called google, and readily available to anyone who reads anything other than purely partisan dribble.

Obama was arguably the first perpetual campaigner, and I remember people on this forum defending it as "the new normal".  Obama was criticized plenty for never stopping campaigning, only slowing a little after his re-election.

In fact, Obama flew to Vegas for a fundraiser the day after the Benghazi attack.

But, here, I know you read WaPo.....but must be very selectively:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/07/16/president-obama-has-held-393-fundraisers-in-his-six-years-in-office/?utm_term=.6dcfb7d4d26c
393 fundraisers in just SIX years of office - 1 every 6 days.  The article you linked played a cute little game of semantics differentiating "re-election" from fundraising (which for the DNC or RNC often flows back significatnly to your campaign), and failing to discuss events vs. dollars.
In his first term, Obama attended more fundraising events than any other president in recent history. According to author Brendan J. Doherty, from 2008 to 2012 Obama went to 321 events, compared to just 80 for Ronald Reagan.  And, as the chart below shows, he’s done 72 events in his second term – 34 this year alone. So far, he’s ahead of  the pace of George W. Bush, who had been to 30 events at this point in 2006. In his two presidential terms combined, Bush hosted 318 fundraisers. Obama has already smashed that number with 393 events to date.

Apparently he included events from 2008 when Obama was running for his first term.  Very misleading.

So my article was right that Trump stands alone in running for re-election.

Good.

Quote:Wednesday's filing underscores the aggressive fundraising strategy of Trump's campaign and the Republican National Committee. In 2009, during his first year in office, President Obama had total receipts of just $10.6 million and did not headline his first fundraising event until his third year of his presidency.

In his first year, Trump has delivered fiery speeches to campaign rallies around the country. During Tuesday night's State of the Union address, he raised campaign money by scrolling donors' names during a live stream of his speech to Congress. (On Wednesday, Trump's unorthodox move drew a formal ethics complaint to Congress from the liberal watchdog group Public Citizen, which argued that broadcast of official floor proceedings in the U.S. House cannot be used for political purposes.)

But I know Trump's your boy so you won't see anything wrong with him.

Just like you couldn't admit you were wrong about the amount spent by the Clinton campaign on the Steele Dossier. I'm used to folks not being able to say the "w" word about themselves.  It's cool.

Have a good night!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legal fees consumed 40% of Trump campaign spending at year's end - GMDino - 02-02-2018, 12:28 AM