Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Perspective On Immigration
Quote:Let’s say I break into your house. Let’s say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say NO! I like it here.
It’s better than my house.

So America is one big house, so all citizens are one big family? If only we acted that way... also by insisting that you leave isn't that a formal deportation? At that point you would leave

Quote:I’ve made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors.
I’ve done all the things you don’t like to do. I’m hard working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

So at this point you're benefiting the economy of my house

Quote:According to the protesters, you are required to let me stay in your house.

It's their right to protest and say that. It's America.

Quote:You are required to feed me.

If you're paying taxes (as most do) and you're eligible, ok. I'm ok with that.

Quote:You are required to add me to your family’s insurance plan.

Same as before

Quote:You are required to educate my kids.

Prudent and if your kids are Americans then in this flawed metaphor they are technically my family so I will educate my family.

Quote:You are required to provide other benefits to me and my family.

If you pay taxes, ok.

Quote:My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard working and honest (except for that breaking in part).

A pretty minor thing to worry about considering the benefit of having him.

Quote:If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there. It’s only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do and I’m just trying to better myself.

It's their right to protest, yes, that's a fundamental principle of the US.

Quote:I’m a hard-working and honest person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house. And what a deal it is for me.
I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced and bigoted behavior.

This falsely assumes they're not paying taxes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
A Perspective On Immigration - BFritz21 - 02-02-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - bfine32 - 02-02-2018, 09:59 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - BmorePat87 - 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - bfine32 - 02-02-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - bfine32 - 02-02-2018, 10:58 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - bfine32 - 02-02-2018, 11:39 PM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - bfine32 - 02-03-2018, 12:40 AM
RE: A Perspective On Immigration - Dill - 02-02-2018, 05:13 PM