Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Early Mock Draft Concensus
(02-02-2018, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would be shocked if they go Safety in the 1st. Hopefully it’ll be an OT or LB. Biggest needs by far.
James isn't your average safety.  He can play in the box like a backer, rush the passer, play centerfield, or cover backs and tight ends.

Backer isn't as big of a need just because of how much of a passing league it has become, and it's not a three-backer defense as much.  Plus, like I said, James offers you pretty much what a backer would, plus more.

Here's a page with some of his interceptions

Hopefully Pollack is a good enough coach that we won't need another first-round pick on a tackle.

(02-02-2018, 11:29 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: Sounds like Okorafor is "Ced.2." I'm sure Paul Alexander would have wanted to take him in the first round:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/WesternMichigan_logo.gif

[Image: WesternMichigan_logo.gif] Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
Height: 6-6. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.19.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.

1/22/18: There were some reports in the media about Okorafor as an early-round tackle prospect. After speaking with some team sources, they weren't enthusiastic about Okorafor. Some sources felt that while Okorafor has some athletic ability, he is a very soft offensive lineman, and they think he is going to get pushed around in the NFL. Those team sources were grading Okorafor on the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft and were against their teams selecting him.
That scares me because that seems like the kind of discount guy that Mike Brown loves because he'd slip, so Mike wouldn't have to spend a high draft pick on him, but he had still enough pre-draft hype that people who don't know any better would still be excited about him.  It's trying to get a player at a discount like they're still a star when there's a reason that they fell so far, just like Andre Smith.
(02-02-2018, 11:53 AM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  They may like some of the safeties, but they have two starters under contract and glaring needs elsewhere.  I don't envision them upsetting the Williams/Iloka apple cart.  I know it's the Bengals and all, but I don't see how James doesn't take one of their jobs if he's on the roster.  Not the Bengal way.
James is a game changer and can do so much more than those two that I think Marvin would love to grab him, especially since it seems like Marvin is calling the shots now.
(02-02-2018, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't pay much attention to Hobspin. I don't believe he has any more inside information than any other Bengals Reporters. Also Hobspin said that before they even had a new offensive line coach in place to evaluate the talent in the upcoming draft. 

Marvin has recently come out and said Ced has had 2 years and he has held the team back. I think that's Marvin's way of saying it's time to move on so if there is a tackle they like at 12 I would guess they jump on him in a heartbeat.

Maybe but I think we've been burned too much on tackles and Marvin knows that Pollack is good enough that we don't need first round talent to get the job done.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Early Mock Draft Concensus - BFritz21 - 02-03-2018, 03:23 AM