Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals
(01-31-2018, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gio, Mixon and Hill all proved to be mostly mediocre or worse with Paul Alexander's blocking schemes. Gio and Mixon got to show their true colors once that scheme was changed (something that has been confirmed by Hobspin), but Hill was injured by that point, so unfortunately we didn't get to see for sure that scheme was the issue with Hill.

I think Hill will ball out this year. Most of the people who bash him only do so because of the fumble or the dancing.

Performance-wise, I think it's pretty obvious PA and his schemes hurt all of our RB's.

Fair and accurate.  I know a lot of folks still blame him for the fumble (he was down, and the team should have been taking a knee) but I agree with your sentiments.  I didn't think it was his fault that we never used him as a receiver.  He caught the ball every time I saw it thrown to him (which was very infrequent) and he seemed to take seriously improving his blitz pick-up after his rookie season, but he never really got many third down snaps after that.  

Do I think he is a great back?  Hell, no.  Do I think he could be a really solid guy in a rotation?  Hell, yes.  

Good luck, Jeremy, and at least you didn't end up cold-clocking any people while you were a Bengal.  Even if Joey Porter really deserved it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - BFritz21 - 01-31-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - SHRacerX - 02-04-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - CJD - 02-01-2018, 01:26 AM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - CJD - 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - BMK - 02-01-2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - J24 - 02-01-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals - J24 - 02-03-2018, 02:57 PM