Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(02-03-2018, 12:13 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: oh C'MON!   You're accusing them of fraud and lying, cover-up and whatever other sensational spin is coming out of the left these days.  Dems didn't want to release anything, and now they're saying they had no input (again, their word against the Repubs).  But they didn't want to release anything, period.... So that excuse just doesn't carry water.  Now, of course, they want to release their own memo because they are in damage control.

Second, none of this is really new to those of us who have been paying attention and thinking this didn't smell right from the beginning.  I think as a public statement of record out of an investigatory committee it's safe to assume this is factual and accurate.   "Oh but they're cherry picking" - the statements in that memo are simple and unambiguous....and damning.

Like I said, it's a shame people are turning this into politics and thinking it's about Trump.  THIS memo outlines issues with the FISA process, which HAD been a bipartisan concern in Washington and the media.  But, again, Trump<=>drooling idiots.

(02-03-2018, 12:23 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think you guys read the memo very carefully.  LOL at parsing "dossier" and "dossier information".

The line was "no warrant would have been SOUGHT without the Dossier".  Now maybe he's playing with words so as not to incriminate himself.    And I don't imagine anyone other than the judge could say if they get the warrant without the Dossier.....But McCabe is saying they would not have sought one without it, which would either mean no cause or just nothing else they had interesting enough to pursue.

That Dossier is your Niger yellow cake....

(02-03-2018, 12:37 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And, oh yeah, "this is a Republican spin job to discredit Mueller"....and then "Nunes screwed up disclosing the investigation started before Carter Page".  A carefully crafted spin, but oh my he accidentally really screwed the pooch.  From "don't release anything" to "it's lies and now they won't let us tell the truth".   This is how you know they are lying and scrambling in damage control.  Seriously, look at Adam Schiff - dude LOOKS like a weasel.

It's not a mistake, it's intended to give the memo the credibility it deserves.  Then it's "oh, they cherry picked".  No, it doesn't get more simple and clear than "without the Dossier we don't seek a warrant".  The memo is very straightforward, and it basically sandboxes FISA abuses around Carter Page - nothing more, nothing less.  There's no reason for anyone to have issue with that memo, aside from the FBI guys who may have committed a crime.

I'm not accusing them of any of those things. I am accusing them of presenting their own spin and commentary on information that cannot be fact checked. Nothing about this is straightforward. It's a partisan commentary on information that will not be made public for a long time. You're attributing quotes to statements that are not directly in the memo and you're also suggesting that paraphrasing of the testimony is directly quoted from that testimony, which it is not. What you're doing is making your own interpretation of the information relayed in the memo, information that is merely commentary. As Matt pointed out, much of this is being disputed as misleading and partial information. It's not just Democrats. The outcry at the FBI and DOJ is bipartisan. 

If there is nothing misleading about their own memo, the Republicans would have released the Schiff memo too. Simply saying he looks like a weasel is a pretty poor rebuttal. Almost as poor as just writing off bipartisan criticism as people drooling over Trump.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Au165 - 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - BmorePat87 - 02-05-2018, 12:52 PM