Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(02-05-2018, 08:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-warrant-390795

"Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau’s actions."

LULZ it's almost like I was right when I said this was just the Republicans' view on these classified documents and not the whole truth... so they omitted key facts in order to make the argument that the FBI... omitted key facts

I like this part:

Quote:"A footnote saying something may be political is a far cry from letting the American people know that the Democrats and the Hillary campaign paid for dirt that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign," Nunes said on "Fox & Friends."

There's no evidence that the FBI spied on the Trump campaign itself. Rather, the warrant for Page was issued in October 2016, a month after he left the campaign — and after Trump campaign officials denied he played a central role. But the surveillance of Page was part of an FBI counterintelligence investigation into whether Trump associates coordinated with the Kremlin to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

Nunes has a tentative grasp on reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - GMDino - 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Dill - 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Au165 - 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM
RE: Did Trump try to fire Mueller? - Belsnickel - 02-05-2018, 08:32 PM