Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
Ironic isn't it that Foles hasn't had a single season when he started all 16 games and has pretty much been a career backup / fringe starter..
The post season is still played by the same rules and same players as the rest of the season, but for some reason or another when any player goes on a post season tear and appears to have found all the answers to whatever has held them back their entire careers folks seem willing to just throw out all of the past history to annoint them as the greatest player of a generation..
Meanwhile back in Conspiracy theory-land, you know that mythical place that doesn't exist unless your team is losing somehow a 41 year old man is for reasons yet to be explained to my satisfaction can routinely beat out hundreds of other players half his age and completely defy the entire aging process the rest of the human race is subject to.. Something isn't adding up, but never mind that. Nick Foles had a handful of pretty good performances and therefore will never be subject to the same problems he had in years past...
To answer the original question, no I would not give up a first round pick for a career backup / fringe starter.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Your First Rounder For Foles? - grampahol - 02-06-2018, 12:22 PM