Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Early Mock Draft Concensus
(02-03-2018, 03:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: James isn't your average safety.  He can play in the box like a backer, rush the passer, play centerfield, or cover backs and tight ends.

Backer isn't as big of a need just because of how much of a passing league it has become, and it's not a three-backer defense as much.  Plus, like I said, James offers you pretty much what a backer would, plus more.

Here's a page with some of his interceptions

Hopefully Pollack is a good enough coach that we won't need another first-round pick on a tackle.

That scares me because that seems like the kind of discount guy that Mike Brown loves because he'd slip, so Mike wouldn't have to spend a high draft pick on him, but he had still enough pre-draft hype that people who don't know any better would still be excited about him.  It's trying to get a player at a discount like they're still a star when there's a reason that they fell so far, just like Andre Smith.
James is a game changer and can do so much more than those two that I think Marvin would love to grab him, especially since it seems like Marvin is calling the shots now.

Maybe but I think we've been burned too much on tackles and Marvin knows that Pollack is good enough that we don't need first round talent to get the job done.

Good stuff, Brad! Just wanted to add a little something positive or hope to your Pollack comment. Obviously, we all know that Ced & Jake have been disappointing; that said, perhaps Pollack can get something out of them? As you mentioned, that would be a blessing.

Completely agree about DJ.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Early Mock Draft Concensus - coachmcneil71 - 02-06-2018, 06:19 PM