Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals
(08-28-2015, 02:06 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: First off he had a pretty lousy game against the Colts, but it was better than his other games playoff games i suppose. 

Here is a better way to answer this question about Dalton holding the team back. Rank the other position groups especially on offense.

RBs- I'd honestly say top 5. Hill and Bernard are awesome
WRs- probably top 5 or 6 as well. 
O-Line- PFF continue to rank this unit very high and as we all know the line is full of high draft picks that have played well. I'd say over the last 5 years you could definitely make the case that we have had a top 10 offensive line if not top 5.
TE- Average is probably on point here...I think with Eifert healthy this could become above average as well.

So in general our offense is highly talented....you could make the case that besides QB we have one of the top 5 talented offenses in the NFL. 

So to use your words "people say this team is stacked and dalton is holding them back"....well based upon the roster analysis it seems pretty damn accurate to me. Wouldn't you agree? I already know you won't because you will make some random excuses to give dalton a pass.

And yet, these areas that you rate higher than Dalton have failed just as much, if not worse, in the playoffs, but you seem to give them a break. Why is that? I would think that the players and areas that are better should be held to a HIGHER standard, not lower.

(08-28-2015, 03:01 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Do you think Dalton resembles anything above average in the playoffs?

This is why people say "in spite".

Except we haven't won in the playoffs. You can't say we have won "in spite of Dalton" but then claim you are talking about the playoffs. You obviously don't understand what the phrase "in spite of" means.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals - PhilHos - 08-28-2015, 08:13 AM