Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values
(02-08-2018, 03:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Except I poisted a link to a story that proves that some Muslim women wear the hijab for reasons that have nothing to do with religious oppression.

Cool, one woman's apocryphal story is true for all women then? 

Quote:I have no idea what you are talking about.

Clearly.

Quote: I do have extensive experince with victims of domestic violence.  That is why I am able to read the story I linked and see that her decision had nothing to do with religious oppression.

You've already proven yourself a garbage lawyer, I guess one more piece of evidence in this regard is no big deal.

Quote:I have no doubt that you gave her opinion no credence, but that was based on a sterotype lodged in your head and had nothing to do with what she actually said.  That is the difference between you and me.  I don't automatically judge a person on a stereotype.

Sure, and every DV victim who says her suspect is a good guy is an equally credible witness.  As someone who advocates for criminals I expect no less than a full throated defense of women beaters.

Quote:I actually listen to what they have to say and judge them on an individual basis.  Here is the quote that convinced me that the author was not a victim of religios oppression.

No, you don't.  You twist their statements to paint your client in the most favorable light.

Quote:"Wearing the hijab was not something I deliberately set out to do. It was something I unexpectedly stumbled upon as a twentysomething undergraduate, reading feminist literature and researching stories of women's lives in the sex industry"

Cool.  When this statement disproves any of my assertions get back to me me.  You're quite the feminist!

Quote:You, on the other hand, can not provide a single quote from the story that would support your theory that not one single Muslim woman in the world is capable of thinking for herself and making a decision to wear hijab.  You don't think you have to read or listen to anything they say because you already know more than everyone of them.

STFU with this crap.  Because I can't provide an inane apocryphal story to buttress my assertion I am wrong?  I need point out nothing more than the experience of every woman who comes of age in Saudi Arabia or any other such country.  If you feel comfortable advocating for the continued subjugation of women I have no ameliorating words for you.   

Messages In This Thread
RE: Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-08-2018, 03:44 AM