Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle to fence out homeless
(02-07-2018, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I understand all of that.  However, I find it just a bit hypocritical that in one of the most inclusive cities in America, they're going to fence the homeless out of their regular digs.

They're by and large against a wall on the Southern border, yet they want to "wall" off the homeless in their own city.  You don't find the slightest bit of humor or irony in that?

Yeah, if you think that Seattle is very inclusive you are fooling yourself. The Pacific Northwest is more liberal than many places in this country in several ways, but they are more centrist than you may realize and have to deal with issues in a pragmatic way, just like everyone else.

This is one of the reasons that I focus much more on state and local politics in my real life. We don't have the benefit of enjoying an ideological hard line. We need to get shit done, and compromise, pragmatism, and evidence based policy are much more common.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle to fence out homeless - treee - 02-08-2018, 07:22 PM
RE: Seattle to fence out homeless - Belsnickel - 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM