Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2015 - an 8 and 0 start - #1 in the Power Rankings – Mike & Marvin’s Peak time
(02-08-2018, 02:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You also don't reach in the draft for a guy you don't have ranked that high if someone of better value is sitting in your lap... You gotta play the board and its a crap shoot in itself.

If the bengals had say kept drafting centers   and they didn't work out or weren't huge upgrades.. Now not only have we not improved the OC  but we missed out on other potential players as well..

.You can keep pointing at whitworth for everything...  while we all wanted to keep with even mike and marvin.  You also have to look forward and time was not on whitworths side anymore.

Yes he played at an all pro level this year.  FOR the RAMS but we don't know what whould have happened here if he stayed.  IT was a risk either way to let him go or to keep a what 34+ year old LT... especially when you drafted one in the 1st round and need to play him before you have to really pay him.

If we had signed whitworth and he declined badly you would be bashing them for keeping an aging player.   Hinesight is always easy to be right in. but even then its just speculation

I agree that this involves speculation.

My Whitworth point is more about not handing off certain positions without having a high degree of certainty that the person you are handing it off to will do the job. Left Tackle is one such position. Don't mess around with that position. Be as certain as possible and Cedric had uncertainty surrounding him.

As for the Center comment I made. It is not about Drafting say a Center constantly until your penciled in starter gets beat out. It is more about "being open" to the possibility of pulling the trigger on one should say a Maurkice Pouncey caliber guy be sitting their when you pick.

I think Mike "pencils in" say Bodine and feels more than comfortable focusing on other positions without being at least "open" to the possibility of an upgrade. It is being "open" to possibly doing it under the right circumstances that I am focusing on here. Not Drafting Centers left and right. Just keep an eye out for potential greatness at that position if it happens to be sitting there in a Draft. Keep an eye on all positions so as not to pass on Greatness or a solid upgrade. Then decide from all options.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 - an 8 and 0 start - #1 in the Power Rankings – Mike & Marvin’s Peak time - depthchart - 02-08-2018, 02:41 PM