Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2015 - an 8 and 0 start - #1 in the Power Rankings – Mike & Marvin’s Peak time
(02-08-2018, 03:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: I also think this factors into why Mike sticks with Marvin and why Mike goes easy on himself as a GM when fans criticize.

I think they have a Template in place guided by spending on Contracts/position groups and are fully aware that they have to build up towards Peak Roster seasons.

8 and 0 tells them they can have their cake and eat it too someday. Do it their way with their Template.

Little margin for error and their Time horizon for building things up may differ from fans' expectations.

Yea I think this makes a lot of sense when it comes to Mike Brown justifying his operations, but at the end of the day, it's the fans' decision on whether to buy in or not.
We all have a choice to determine what our own expectations are, even if our expectations may seem unreasonable to some.
But I think Mike Brown views the fan base in this manner: I can always move the team if the fans don't show up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 - an 8 and 0 start - #1 in the Power Rankings – Mike & Marvin’s Peak time - ochocincos - 02-08-2018, 03:47 PM