Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(02-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect.  GO back and look at my "quote" in the post of yours I responded to.
Sure, as soon as you find an example of my altering your statements I'll happily retract it.  Smirk

To establish your point, you need to 1) present the quote you think was altered. Then 2) present my alteration, so every one can see what was altered. That is how you demonstrate someone "made you say something you didn't say."

Like this:

1. Dill, Post # 335: But it's not there if no one says it out loud while resuscitating the classic three-centuries old defense of slavery--What about the Africans: THEY did it first, to themselves.

SSF, Post # 350 "Wait, what?  Who in this thread 'defended slavery'?!" and 353:"You claimed someone defended slavery."

Your first statement makes an implicit claim which the second makes explicit. A claim that someone resuscitated an argument used to defend slavery is not the same as claiming that someone also used it to defend slavery. Instead of telling you to "look again," I can specify how you altered my point, then demanded I defend your alteration.  

Your turn.

(02-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My altered version of what?  I asked a question, I made no declarative or accusatory statement.

Who wrote these declarative, accusatory statements then?

(02-05-2018, 11:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First of all, don't alter my post in your quote by making it say something I didn't say.  Not only is it lame, it's cowardlyYou claimed someone defended slavery.  I asked you to point out who, not to give me a dissembling argument that people in this thread "resuscitated" a former pro-slavery argument.  So either kindly point out someone actually defending the institution of slavery or kindly retract your accusation.  I'll still be here when you actually address my question.

Your "question" being premised on your claim I said someone defended slavery, i.e., your alteration of my claim.

(02-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, again, the answer to my question could have been much shorter.  "No one" would have sufficed.

LOL so why didn't this "suffice" from Post # 351?

(02-05-2018, 04:57 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, in the quote to which you respond, no one claims slavery is defended.  What is claimed is that someone resuscitated a classic defense of slavery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Dill - 02-08-2018, 07:32 PM