Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(02-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I absolutely believe that's what you intended, but my question stands, who made that argument?  If you assert that no one did then the answer to my question would be, "No one defended slavery in this thread nor would I imply they did".  That would be an honest answer requiring much fewer words than what I'm currently responding to.

Cool.  You did a great job of answering a question that wasn't asked.

Regardless of who points it out, the fact that Africans sold other Africans into slavery (a process that is sickeningly going on as we speak) is not a fact in dispute.

Jeez, and you wonder why my posts get lengthy, unsnarling misreadings and non points.  The statements above, which I am treating together, just register your difficulty parsing an argument and understanding what is at stake.

No one on this thread has disputed WHETHER Africans ever enslaved other Africans. The problem is how that uncontested bit of information is inserted into political arguments as a comparison to a certain other race which supposedly does not "enslave its own."   Rather than reaffirm what no one disputes ("regardless of who points it out" lol), let's hear your take on whether there is some race out there that does not "enslave its own." If there is not, won't you agree there is no point in claiming Africans enslaved their own?

If I bother to respond to your claim that dissembling Dill said someone on this thread defended slavery, that task requires comparison and restatement to show where and how you got it wrong.  And if you could follow that argument, you'd not have responded "great job of answering a question that wasn't asked." 

And you still "absolutely believe" YOUR alteration of my meaning was really MY intended meaning, even though I quickly proved my statement, as worded, could be supported with evidence from the thread, but not your alteration. 

Maybe my claim was exactly calibrated to available evidence--or maybe I just got lucky on that one??  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Dill - 02-08-2018, 07:53 PM